« False-positive results from qualitative serum pregnancy tests | Main | A new way to detect gestational diabetes mellitus »

Sunday, May 08, 2011


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


If I am concerned about the hook effect is there a way that I can dilute my own urine sample to test, or is it necessary to have a doctor or lab do this?

Ann M. Gronowski

If you think you are pregnant, you should see your physician and have a blood test performed. You can dilute your urine, usually a 1:5 dilution will work. However, no matter what the results are if you feel you may be pregnant you should see your physician.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Follow on Twitter