« False-positive results from qualitative serum pregnancy tests | Main | A new way to detect gestational diabetes mellitus »

Sunday, May 08, 2011


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


If I am concerned about the hook effect is there a way that I can dilute my own urine sample to test, or is it necessary to have a doctor or lab do this?

Ann M. Gronowski

If you think you are pregnant, you should see your physician and have a blood test performed. You can dilute your urine, usually a 1:5 dilution will work. However, no matter what the results are if you feel you may be pregnant you should see your physician.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

Follow on Twitter